Opportunities to connect, create and achieve!
We are excited to offer respite programs during the week and on weekends. We are dedicated to quality care in all our programs in a fun and engaging environment. Various activities from Arts & Crafts, Music and Games to name a few.
How to get started
Apply on Bunk1.com:
- Please provide current life plan with proper specifications.
- Please provide a current annual, current immunizations and results of QuantiFERON or PPD series that has been completed within the last 5 years.
- Please note that if your loved one is currently in a residential program, they may not be eligible.
- All life plans and medical documents can be uploaded on Bunk1.com or emailed to Respite@citizens-inc.org
- If your loved one is Self – Directed, please check our broker’s information for rates.
- An interview may also be scheduled upon application review.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Your loved one must fall into a 1:4 ratio at minimum.
- We can assist with hygienic changes and toileting if they are able to ambulate and assist with transfers.
- Our program does not provide meals or beverages other than water.
- All meals should be nut free and prepared as per their diet order.
- We ask that you send your loved one with a change of clothes, diapers (if they use it) and sunscreen.
- We are unable to assist with medications as we do not have a nurse or AMAP staff present, parents/guardians are able to provide their loved with medications.
- All required up to date Documents that are required will ALL need to be submitted prior to start.
For additional information, please contact our Program Coordinator at (516) 293-2016 ext. 5142, or via email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are unable to provide transportation at this time.
Evening and weekend program are held at the Greenhouse on our Brookville campus. Friday Night Dances are held in the Brookville Mansion.
Please see above eligibility and guidelines.
At this time we are not accepting private payment or scholarship funding for this program. we will only be billing through Medicaid HCBS Waiver.
Applications for all of our programs can be found on Bunk1.
Please remember to adhere to your Primary Care Physicians Diet Order. Lunches will be stored in the refrigerator and will be heated when necessary. Please remember to label the lunch box. We aim to provide a peanut free environment. Please do not send any peanut butter products.
As each person is taking a spot, if the enrollee is healthy, we ask that they attend.
There will be no swimming in this program.
At this time, they can provide transportation to and from the program. They cannot remain with them. Our staff will be providing care, activities, and engagement.
We will not be having any off-site trips.