Opportunities to connect, create and achieve!
We are excited to offer respite programs during the week and on weekends. We are dedicated to quality care in all our programs in a fun and engaging environment. Various activities from Arts & Crafts, Music and Games to name a few.
How to get started
- Please provide a current life plan with proper specifications.
- Please provide a current annual, current immunizations and results of QuantiFERON or PPD series that has been completed within the last 5 years.
- Please note that if your loved one is currently in a residential program, they may not be eligible.
- If your loved one is Self-Directed, please check our broker’s information for rates.
- An interview may also be scheduled upon application review.
- Upload all supporting documents here.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Your loved one must fall into a 1:4 ratio at minimum.
- We can assist with hygienic changes and toileting if they are able to ambulate and assist with transfers.
- Our program does not provide meals or beverages other than water.
- All meals should be nut free and prepared as per their diet order.
- We ask that you send your loved one with a change of clothes, diapers (if they use it) and sunscreen.
- We are unable to assist with medications as we do not have a nurse or AMAP staff present, parents/guardians are able to provide their loved ones with medications.
- All required up to date Documents that are required will ALL need to be submitted prior to start.
For additional information, please contact our Program Coordinator at (516) 293-2016 ext. 5142, or via email at FSS@citizens-inc.org
All documents requested for the programs must be received for the person to start. Care Managers can email all life plans to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Life Plans must have Citizens Options Unlimited listed in section 4 as respite.
This program must be listed in section 3 and mentioned in the narrative.
Please send all Direct Provider Purchases for review to Respite@citizens-inc.org
Our rates are as follows:
Our Site based program is offered on Tuesday, Thursday & Fridays from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Saturdays & Sundays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
|Day||Units per day|
Our Virtual Program is currently offered on Sundays – Thursdays 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm with breaks in between, Saturdays from 10:00 am -9:00 pm with breaks in between.
|Day||Units per day|
Frequently Asked Questions
Transportation is not being provided at this time.
Evening and weekend Programs are held at the Greenhouse at our Brookville location. Friday Night Dances are held in the mansion.
Eligibility varies per program.
Depending on the program of choice, eligibility may vary. Please click on your choice of program that is located above.
What documents are needed to start? An application can be completed here. Please send all medical documents and Life plans to Respite@citizens-inc.org
Please remember to adhere to your Primary Care Physicians Diet Order. Lunches will be stored in the refrigerator and will be heated when necessary. Please remember to label the lunch box. We aim to provide a peanut free environment. Please do not send in any peanut butter products.
Yes, a guardian/family member can enter the campus to provide medication.
Each person is taking a spot, we ask that the person attend the days that they apply for.
A community Habilitation Worker or other provider cannot be present while services are being received.
We currently do not have access to a swimming pool.
We are not providing off site trips at this time.