Who We Are
Citizens Options Unlimited (Citizens) Citizens believes that when people come together and work as a team great things happen. Citizens works closely with personal outcome trainers to assist people with I/DD in defining their personal goals and dreams, while developing a life plan that includes natural supports, community supports, and choice of service provision options.
Mission: Citizens supports people to live the lives they choose.
Vision: A world where all people are valued.
Values: At Citizens, we believe that:
- Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect
- Supports are best provided around people’s needs, desires and choices
- A dedicated, compassionate and well-trained team provides exceptional supports
- Open and honest communication builds trust
- There is strength in diversity and inclusion
- Sound business practices, financial stability and innovation promote success
- Relationships with people and their families are vital to our success
Recognized as a leading agency in the field, our programs, include:
- Fiscal Intermediary, ISS and Self-Directed Services
- Residential Supports and Services
- Family Support Services
(Camp Loyaltown, Family Reimbursement; Community-based Respite
- Residential Respite Services
- Citizens also works hand in hand with Advantage Care Health Centers to provide coordinated medical, psychiatric and dental care.
Citizens’ dedication to excellence has been recognized by the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) through its awarding of the Compass agency status; one of only four agencies in New York State with this designation. As a Compass agency, Citizens ensures that all services are person directed, meaning the person receiving Citizens’ services has a voice in decisions, policies and procedures, as well as overall quality management and improvement initiatives.
Citizens is also accredited with Person-Centered Excellence with Distinction by the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL). There are only two agencies in all of New York State with both Compass designation and Person-Centered Excellence With Distinction.
Click Here to view the machine readable files as required by the Transparency in Coverage Rules for Employers